Links-N-Things

 

Here we are at the end of another week and what an interesting week it's been! Not only has there been all of the regular stress, drama, homicidal thoughts, fun and excitement that go along with getting close to Christmas, it's been kind of exciting around here as well.

 

We just got through with the highest traffic ten day period ever on this blog. We went ten straight days with over 100 unique visits each day. (We actually broke 200 once) Gotta love those trolls :)

 

Comment Links

 

By now I'm sure most of you are aware of the new comment system for Blogger blogs like this one. Google claims the change is a measure to stop comment spam but I don't believe it. I think it's just one more way to try to control outbound linking but that's a post for another day.

 

I think if someone takes the time to comment on this blog they deserve to have a link to their own blog. As you may have noticed I have implemented a response to this change. Until I can come up with a better plan and as long as I can keep up, I am manually linking to each commentator in my response. It isn't the best solution but it will do.

 

New Gig

 

So, I'm going to be writing a weekly article over at Blog About Your Blog, hopefully starting next week. It's going to be a blog review article and we're calling it, "In The Spotlight". I still have to coordinate with the other authors to determine the best day for my article but I'll be sure to let you guys know. I have the first few weeks scheduled but if you would like to recommend a site for a future review, let me know.

 

Sites Worth Seeing

 

I am the worlds worst at doing a speedlinking post. I'm trying to work on that. It's not that I don't find tons of stuff I feel is worthy, I'm just lazy. There, I said it. Acknowledging the problem is the hardest part of correcting it, right?

 

Steven from Vandelay Website Design consistently produces high quality content for bloggers. I have a separate bookmark folder just for his articles. If you don't already subscribe to his feed, you should. Steven is also one of the most generous bloggers I'm familiar with. Every Friday he posts a speedlinking article like this one that will usually include between 10 and 20 links. Thanks Steven, you make the blogosphere a better place.

 

Chanya from Blogstruk wrote a new song this week. I nominate it for the Blogger's Anthem!

 

Chris from Chris Bloczenski came back from the dead this week and produced some great content. I particularly liked this post about writing styles. Great to see you back among the living, Chris!

 

Pearl from Interesting Observations wrote another great article  this week in which she shared the rather nerve wracking experience of having a post hit the front page of Digg and all the community help that went into making it happen.

 

If you aren't a regular reader of these blogs I wholeheartedly recommend checking them out. If you don't, you have no one but yourself to blame.

 

 

If you enjoyed your read, grab my feed!

 

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

Pearl said...

Good for you and nice of 'em trolls for spreading goodness albeit unintentionally ;)

thanks for the link and congrats for the blogging gig! will be looking forward to your articles there!

I just recently found Steven's blog and I have to say its so good, its addicting! he does have excellent material and I've been wondering it myself, how come he is so generous and still so humble? :)

Ad Tracker said...

Pearl - Yeah, I can't seem to get any of them to flame that last article though ;)

I think Steven's just a good guy :)

BlogStruk said...

I'm definitely looking forward to your articles on Blog About Your Blog, just as I look forward to your posts on this site.

Thanks so much for the link! Wow, you've been really busy today!

Ad Tracker said...

BlogStruk - Your welcome! Yeah, I'm looking forward to writing on a regular basis over there too :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the mention and recommendation! I was just going through my feed reader and it was a nice surprise. Looking forward to reading some posts from your new gig.

Ad Tracker said...

Steven Snell - Your welcome Steven and thank you. I'm glad it was a happy surprise :)