10 Great Reasons Not to Write

Are you sitting there stressing yourself out because you haven’t made your blog post today?

Well, sit back and relax, your troubles are over! Just browse the following list until you find the rationalization that most applies to you.


1. I just can’t think of anything to write. It’s not like I’m a professional.

2. I’m really not in the mood to deal with blogging today.

3. I don’t have time.

4. Nobody will miss it if I skip just one day.

5. It’s a blog. It’s supposed to be a bit erratic.

6. This blog is mine and if I don’t feel like posting I don’t have to.

7. My readers love me and will forgive me.

8. I’m all about quality. If I can’t deliver a quality article, I would rather not post anything.

9. There is just too much going on in my life right now to think about this. (This one is really great because it can be applied to almost any issue; family trouble, financial difficulties, even in-law problems.)

10. I really just need some “Me” time today.



And remember, for this to be most effective you should reword the chosen excuse to fit your particular circumstances. This will also avoid any duplicate content penalties.

Now that you have eased your mental burden, kick back, eat supper, watch some TV and go to bed with a clear conscience because you don’t owe any loyalty to your loyal readers.

Sleep well in the knowledge that you have made it through the hardest part. Skipping a post is only truly difficult the first time. It will get easier and easier from now on.

If you've enjoyed your read grab my feed!

9 comments:

sapheyerblu said...

LOL

I love it. I've used every single one of these excuses at least once.

This is awesome.

Ad Tracker said...

Thanks Sapheyerblu. You're always so kind.

You really earned the Schmooze Award :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, multiple uses of all these excuses. My favourite is "I've got more important things to see and people to do". As it still gets comments, creates an air of mistyque about my blog, and especially questions are asked, specifically.

#1 Rhys got lucky with a lady?
#2 Rhys isn't dyslexic, is he?

Anonymous said...

This sounds like "admitting you have a problem is the first step"! (#):)

Ad Tracker said...

LOL!!

Rhys - I new you'd have something smart to add!

Anonymous said...

Excellent... is what comes to my mind first... just loved this point “7. My readers love me and will forgive me” ;)

Ad Tracker said...

OnlineAnjali - LOL!! Yeah, that's a good one.

Welcome, stop in any time :)

Anonymous said...

There is just too much stumbling in my life right now to think about this.

Ad Tracker said...

Dana - LOL!! That's funny. It needs to be 11 reasons ;)