Weekend Contest!

                

That's right, it's time for the first contest here at the AdSense Tracker Blog. I scored a few Pownce invitations and I'm going to pass them along to 5 lucky readers this weekend.

What is Pownce?


From the Pownce website:

Pownce is a way to send messages, files, links, and events to your friends. You'll create a network of the people you know and then you can share stuff with all of them, just a few of them, or even just one other person really fast.

How Do I Get In?

At least to start, we're only opening up the site to a few people who can invite their friends. Soon, we'll let some more people in.

What Exactly Can I Send?

Right now, there are four basic things you can send: messages, links, files, and events.

You might send an event out to a dozen of your friends letting them know you're hosting a party this Friday. They could easily get the event details you entered, respond with questions or comments and then quickly rsvp.

Say you had a great photo you wanted to share with all of your friends. Just add the file and all of your friends will get it right away. They'll be able to reply and tell you if it's cool. You could even post songs you recorded in your home studio to share with your friends.

How Do I Win?

Winning is simple. I'm not going to be like the Cow Man and make you jump through all kind of hoops like digging and stumbling or fumbling or any of that crazy stuff to win yourself one of these coveted invites, No sirree. All you have to do is leave a LEGITIMATE comment on this post or any post AFTER this one this weekend. If you decide to fave me that would be wonderful but not required. (I fave back, if you were wondering.)

"What is a legitimate comment?", you might ask. Simple. A comment that actually has something to do with the post. "Me too", "Ditto", "Comment" and such will not count. If the judge (Me) doesn't think they are legit, they get dumped. Each comment is an entry and you may comment multiple times but repetitive or redundant comments will be deleted. The contest will end at 12:01am Central Monday. At that time I will put all of the entries into a container and draw 5 winners!

Good Luck and get to commenting!

10 comments:

Hin Man said...

I try to get in line first. I hope to get some feedbacks from you on my sites too. And I for one wants to be the lucky one. I will fav in Technorati after this. Please correct if you mean 'fav' in somewhere else. My two blogs and I hope you will visit as I don't recall seeing you -- hmmmm, I thought we are friends.

Tech Blog

Photo Blog

Thanks and relaxed weekend to you.

Ad Tracker said...

Hinioman - You are first on the list. Good luck! I've been by your sites, they look nice.

Becky C. said...

Potentially this is very nice--but it has the danger of turning into another one of the awful conduits of spam.

I will fav you--but as I understand it Technorati is still not being nice to you:)

~Becky

Ad Tracker said...

Becky - Thanks for the fave! Faved you back. Your blog is always a fun read.

I hope you're talking about Pownce being a conduit for spam.

Techno is showing me no love right now. It says I haven't posted in 4 days :{

kuanyin333 said...

Good for you: running a contest for Pownce invitations! I must be one dumb blond because I freely gave away all my Pownce invitations!But then again, I'm known to be easy. :-)

Ad Tracker said...

Kuanyin - Thanks. I got them and figured, what the heck, run a contest and give away something I got for free! It worked OK, not a really big response, but I'll sure take it.:-)

Seán Fornelli said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I am kind of a newb at some of this Web 2.0 stuff so I read about Pownce in your post and I don't even know how I'd use it. What's even worse is that my friends are even more behind the curve than I am when it comes to this sort of thing. I am on Twitter and Lijit and some other things and I'm the only one I know there.

Sometimes it's hard to be a trendsetter. ;)

keep up the good work.

Ad Tracker said...

Seaners - Thanks, I'm really glad you enjoy the blog.

I understand completely. I'm not sure I'll get any use out of Pownce. I know I'm an odd duck but I just don't have that many people I want to hear from that often ;-)

Shane said...

I believe one and all must glance at it.
power support | mental illness test | demolition

Austin said...

No doubt, the chap is totally fair.
Hawaii recipes