"Confidentiality. You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation:
(b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to You by Google; and (c) any other information designated in writing by Google as "Confidential" or an equivalent designation. However, You may accurately disclose the amount of Google’s gross payments to You pursuant to the
Since this is the first report. Let’s establish the ground rules for these reports and the ensuing conversations.
1. I will not discuss any data that will get me in trouble with the big “g”. (See above.) I really feel that this can be handled in generalities that do not violate the Google AdSense Terms of Service yet communicate the important facts.
2. You may feel free to request information; however, I will only answer your request in a manner that I feel is within the TOS.
3. Please keep in mind that this is supposed to be a community experiment. Feel free to comment with critiques or suggestions but please be niceJ In setting up this project I have made an agreement with you to accept and apply your suggestions as possible in exchange for supplying you with the results of the changes.
That’s all I can think of right now. I’ll come back to this if I need to in the future.
This blog came into existence on July 5th and has had content ads in place since the 6th. I have posted about some of the things I’ve done to increase traffic flow during that time. I’m pleased to report that, while my figures are not outstanding, the blog has picked up a few regular readers and seems to be improving. According to my sitemeter.com reports the site received it’s first hit on Sunday the 9th, with daily traffic peeking at 17 on Monday with 37 hits and 3 subscribers for the week ended at midnight yesterday. I’m a bit disappointed to report that Google does not owe me a cent.
What has been going on?I would have to say; overall the first week’s stats are not a total disappointment. I’m not thrilled with the $0 revenue but solving that problem is what this project is all about isn’t it? I don’t know if I need to try to make changes to the site or to the ads or to just be patient. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to participate.
Days 1-3 were spent making posts and beginning to lay out a strategy for the project. Sunday (Day 4) I joined MyBlogLog which has brought a lot of traffic (24 hits; THANK YOU!). Monday (Day 5) is discussed in detail here. In summery, I spent $5.40 at bla.st (See widget on sidebar) to place my ad card high on their site for a year (8 hits so far), submitted the site to at least 10 directories and countless search engines. Tuesday was spent researching for my post and Wednesday was spent submitting articles for publication and on personal business. I have also spent an enormous amount time this week tweaking my blog, adding buttons & widgets, and playing with other mods and hacks.
Week 1 Stats:
Subscribers – 3
Hits – 37
Revenue - $0
Google AdSenseTM Online Standard Terms and Conditions