What I Am Thankful For

 

At this time of year we Americans like to examine our lives and express thanks for the blessings we have accumulated. We go to great lengths to gather with friends and family so we can often put ourselves in ultra-stressful situations we can only bare once or twice a year for no better reason than a sense of tradition.

 

I'm sure you've already read countless posts enumerating the usual thanks for family, health and fortune. Here is mine.

 

Faith

 

I'm thankful for my faith. My faith gives me the strength and wisdom to know that my financial success or failure in life is only marginally important in the end. It keeps me grounded.

 

Wisdom

 

Is it wise to claim to possess wisdom? I think I am mostly thankful for the wisdom to wish for and pursue more wisdom.

 

America

 

I am deeply thankful to have been blessed with American birth. America isn't perfect but I am as free as any person ruled by a government. My American birth has placed me in a position of possession such that the whining about a few dollars of advertising income is just plain silly.

 

 

I am thankful for much, much more. These are just the things that well up in my heart the most right now. I hope you have many things in your own lives of which you are overwhelmingly thankful.

 

 

If you've enjoyed your read, grab my feed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we have so much to be thankful for even when things look bad, gas prices are up and the economy is done.

I am thankful for my health, kids and the freedom to fulfill my dreams in this Country - Happy belated Thanksgiving.

Ad Tracker said...

Thanks Barry. We have much to be thankful for :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving, Ad Tracker. Faith is a wonderful thing to be thankful for. It gives hope-- that this is not all that there is and that we have an ever present help in times of trouble.

Ad Tracker said...

M In The Gap - Thank you for the Thanksgiving wish, hope yours was wonderful.

It's good to know you're still reading :)