Blog About Your Blog - A Review

 

Me - "I'll take, Things That Are Intimidating for 0 Dollars but might get me a little exposure, please Alex."

 

Alex - "Very well. The answer is, "You are nervous and intimidated about writing a review of a blog that is written by some of the best bloggers on the planet who post authoritative how-to articles about blogging."

 

Me - "Umm... What is reviewing Blog About Your Blog?"

 

Alex - "Yes, the judges will accept that answer! Congratulations! You win absolutely nothing but a cool back link that you already have. Hope you don't blow it."




 

Where do you start with a review of one of the best "Blogs About Blogging" out there? Well, let's start at the top.

 

Header

 

The first thing you notice when you hit the Blog About Your Blog page is the incredible logo. In my book this is has got to be in the top 5 "Blogs About Blogging" logos out there and, to be honest, I can't think of the other four.

 

What blogger can't identify with the guy staring at his computer wondering what to type?

 

Content

 

The header logo simply sets the stage for a community blog manned by some very recognizable names (I'd name some but I don't know who to leave out.) who publish high quality posts that leave no doubt in the reader's mind they speak from experience.

 

After you've taken a couple of days learning how to Write Great Post Titles, Get More Comments, Optimize Your Blog and learned to Recycle, slip over to the BAYB Store and pick up a T-Shirt with that cool logo. (There really should be a link on the home page.)

 

Layout

 

While the colors of the site are pleasing to the eyes and the flow and navigation is smooth, the old style narrow format causes the necessity of a small font in the sidebar that causes the text to blend a bit. (At least to me.)

 

While the majority of the internet is being slow to accommodate the new monitor formats, I think a blog who's focus is staying on the cutting edge of progress could afford to be a leader in this area.

 

Summary

 

I don't expect you to just accept my word for any of this. The fact is, any blog with almost 300 subscribers and over 11,000 unique visitors last month is worth a look. Combine those stats with the fact Daily Blog Tips ranked Blog About Your Blog in the top 25 blogs in the world about blogging and you have yourself a Must See blog.

 

Now, click over there and check 'em out and tell Matt, Tracker sent you!

 

If you'll excuse me, I have to go check Google and see how I place for "blog, blogs and blogging".

 

 

If you've enjoyed you read, grab my feed!

10 comments:

sapheyerblu said...

Nice review.

I love that blog. And I must say you did a great job reviewing it. I love the way you started out, made me want to read the rest of it.

Great job.

Ad Tracker said...

Sapheyerblu - Hi, Thanks. It really was inimidating to write.

Anonymous said...

yeh i read that blog sometimes to..great review :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice review on this, Tracker. I've never read Blog About Your Blog before, so I was excited to subscribe after you made me aware of it.

Anonymous said...

I have to say the review was well-structured, but I expected more than what I got when I visited their site. I think Andy Beard or Alister Cameron when I think blogs about blogging, and they single-handedly write some pretty amazing material. 10K uniques in a month isn't bad, but I wouldn't say that ranks them in the top of their category. Anyway, it was an interesting read and thanks for pointing them out!

Ad Tracker said...

@ Shaun - Thank You, I was sweating it.

@ Chris - You're welcome. I'm a little surorised you hadn't heard of them before. I've had them in my reader for a while.

@ AllSux - Sorry to disapoint.

You know how when you were in high school the college kids seemed like mature adults but you still understood what they were saying most of the time?

When I read the guys you mentioned and their peers, I often feel like they are talking over my head. I have trouble identifying with them.

Perhaps that's why I am so impressed with the quality at BAYB.

Thanks for the compliment though :)

Matthew said...

thanks again for the review, and answering the comments. Andy Beard and such are great bloggers with great blogs. I don't really compare myself with them because everyone writes about different things. I strongly disagree though that we aren't in the same league.

I also feel the same about some of the elite. I can't really read a story I don't understand all that great that goes on to be a 10 minute read.

You also have to remember they've been around a lot longer than us. About a year and a half @ least.

http://blogaboutyourblog.com

Ad Tracker said...

PoEt - You're quite welcome. Thanks for asking.

I've been a fan of your blog for a while now and have thought about reviewing it but unsolicited reviews by a new blogger often seem like cheesy link bait and I didn't want to go there.

Brutal honesty time - I used to have Andy in my reader but it got to where I could never finish his articles because they were so far over my head.

Stop in any time :)

Anonymous said...

Entertaining review! And I agree: Blog About Your Blog is a great blog with lots of helpful info for bloggers!

Cheers,
Jeanne Dininni

Ad Tracker said...

Jeanne - Thank You! I agree BAYB is a great resource.

Thanks for stopping in, come back any time :)