Week 8 Stats

What a strange, strange week it's been! The last 24 hours alone have been nuts but tons of fun.

What Happened This Week?

The blog underwent a small face lift this week with some surprising results. My decision to replace the "AdSense For Content" ads with "AdSense Referral" ads in the top spot was vindicated.

Yesterday evening I was invited to be a contributing blogger at TopSecretBlogger.com. (I'm kinda jazzed about that!)

We passed a few milestones this week. Our MyBlogLog community topped 100 members, we hit 50 subscribers and we won our bet! (More on this later.)


The Numbers

As always, expressed as Hits / Subscribers / Revenue

This Week - 222 / 46 / $12.61
Last Week - 233 / 29 / $0.23

So Far - 2165 / 46 / $19.18


Summary

Are those some crazy numbers or what? If you look at the hit count we seem to be in a death spiral, while the subscribers and revenue look like we're riding a rocket. Crazy!

My first post at TopSecretBlogger discusses the subscriber jump and what caused it. (Hint - It has to do with convenience.) I want to take this opportunity to thank Patric and the gang for giving me a chance, I hope they'll let me do it again.

Be sure to go over and check out their place, it's got lots of good info and tips. It wouldn't hurt if you left an encouraging comment on my article either (or stumbled it) and, hey!, if you want to, you can apply to be a writer too! Be sure to check out their blogging contest while you're there.


The Bet

For those that may not remember, this blog was started to settle a bet. The bet was that I could start and run a profitable website before next Spring. My total investment in this project has been $15.54. Our revenue total as of this week is $19.18. This is officially a profitable site!


Now What?

The original plan was to drop this project as soon as I won the bet but there is no way can walk away. I'm having way too much fun to stop now! I do, however, have a couple of other projects in development that I'll be talking about more in the future. I'm afraid I'm hooked.


I'm Still In A Stumbling Mood!

If you haven't gotten in on the Stumble Love going on in the last post yet, get down there and make a comment! I'll keep stumbling until we get 20 commentors. (not comments)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good!

You shouldn't stop A.T., you've got a great flair. TSB could be a wonderful thing for you, as you are a pretty good writer, and could generate more hits.

I'll be honest, I don't often read "money making blogs" that much, especially new ones, but I hope yours continue as yours is pretty damn good!

Ad Tracker said...

Rhys - Thank you for the encouragement and endorsement!

Sorry to sound stupid but what is TSB?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your not quitting this blog I have been reading every day :) That would suck if you quit now lol. I noticed your holding a mini stumble contest but it seems you already have 23 comments on your last post :( . I stumbled your home page anyways just incase your still in the stumbling mood :) Great stats by the way you have really accomplished a lot on this blog I hope you keep going and get even more success. See you around soon :) :) :)

Ad Tracker said...

Shaun - Thanks for hanging out! I've got lots of stumbles left in me!

Have fun!

JamyTan said...

Congratulations.
Keep going.
Jamy

Rhys said...

TSB = Top Secret Bloggers

Ad Tracker said...

Rhys - DOHH!!!!

Sometimes I am such a doofus!

Ad Tracker said...

Kayatan - I am so sorry I missed you earlier and didn't respond to your kind comment!

Please believe it was unintentional. I really pride myself on responding to each and every comment.

I just went and stumbled all 3 of your blogs.

Please accept my appology and stop in any time :)