Saturday Sweep-Up

 

You know how, as you go along making your blog posts, you have to leave those little tidbits out. You know the ones I'm talking about, they're important enough to write about but not big enough to deserve they're own post.

 

I like to think of it as doing a little housekeeping and sweeping up those little jewels periodically and putting them into a post.

 

 

Thanks, but I need more.

 

Thank you very much to those who have given me your input for a Content Managing System but I would really appreciate some more ideas. If you agree with what someone has already said, say that too. I really need some help here.

 

Also, what's a good software for making screen capture videos?

 

 

Captcha

 

I've been meaning to say I'm sorry about the captcha in the comments. Captcha is the squiggly letters you have to decipher and enter into the box. I had to turn it on after some nere-do-well individual found out I was a DoFollow blog and sent the spam bots out. I was deleting 30+ spam comments a day and it was getting worse so I had to do something. I know it's a pain but I hope you'll understand.

 

 

Thanks for your patience.

 

I know I've really been cramming the sponsored reviews in for the last week and I appreciate you guys being tolerant of me trying to scrape up a little Christmas cash. I'm sure the advertisers will slow down pretty soon but right now they're offering some decent money so I have to jump on it. Thanks for understanding. Which brings me to my next point.

 

 

Keep Your Eyes Open

 

I'm planning to unleash a multi-part post series either next week or the following week. Post topic; writing. It's almost polished up and I think it's going to be a good one.

 

 

The Rookie Blogger

 

There's a new kid on the block who calls himself, of all things, The Rookie Blogger. Well, he may be a rookie but he doesn't act like it. He's starting off with a $50 cash prize contest. Now, you know how I love a good contest so I'm definitely in on this one. It's one of the easiest contests I've seen to enter, so check it out and get in on it too!

 

 

Nspeaks Contest

 

Wouldn't you know it, I found another cash contest. Nspeaks is running what amounts to two separate contests at once. Each contest pays $50 by Paypal and has it's own method of entry.

 

To enter the first contest you have to subscribe to his RSS feed and wait for a secret code, then email him and get in the drawing. The second requires a blog post like this one describing the contest and linking back. The post is supposed to be about 100 words long but I don't think I'm going to make it no matter how verbose I get. Sorry, Navjot.

 

 

BlogAboutYourBlog Contest

 

BAYB is running a contest and giving away ad spots. All you have to do to enter is subscribe to the RSS feed by email. It doesn't get any easier than that.

 

 

Garry Conn Stuff

 

Viral Video Fever

 

The hard working Garry Conn is at it again with a new contest (Conn-test?). He has made a deal with Charles Trippy to offer an entire Viral Video Fever set to one lucky winner. That's almost $300 worth of instructional videos that will help you learn to move into the next arena of web marketing; video. Entering is easy, just click over to this post and get in on the drawing for the Viral Video Fever collection.

 

Money Listers

 

This one is not a contest and Garry didn't ask me to write about it but I wanted to introduce this new site to you guys. Money Listers, a joint venture of Garry Conn and David Cooley, is a mash-up website of make-money-online content. It takes the feed streams of all the big sites and, through a system of filters, distills them down to the real information articles.

 

By having the feeds separated by category and then run through the filters, you get to avoid all of the chatter about non money making topics and find exactly what you're looking for. Check it out, you'll be impressed.

 

 

There we go. I think that pretty well cleaned the joint up. I'm sure I've missed a couple of things (I always do) but it's much tidier around here now.

 

 

If you enjoyed your read, grab my feed!

 

 

 

3 comments:

Matthew said...

thanks for the mention

Ad Tracker said...

Matt - You're quite welcome any time :)

NJS said...

Thanks for Contest Post. No problem...you can still enter my RSS Contest. Just subscribe to my feed or via email at
http://feeds.feedburner.com/nspeaks
OR
http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverifySubmit?feedId=1012779&loc=en_US

And email me a secret code which will appear only between 25 and 30 November and you can win 50$ atleast.