10 Life Lessons Learned While Camping

 

I love to go camping in the woods. I look forward to Autumn every year because that's when I get to spend some quality time out doors.

 

Litemind.com is running a group writing project/contest of lists. I decided to participate with a different kind of list. It has nothing to do with blogging but much to do with life.

 

Here is my list of 10 things I would not have learned without going camping.

 

  1. How to roast the perfect hotdog.
  2. How to survive on my own with almost nothing.
  3. How to build a fire.
  4. To be a conservationist.
  5. To accept and relish solitude.
  6. Why aerosol cans say "Do Not Incinerate". (Don't ask)
  7. I'm tougher than I think I am.
  8. How to toast a marshmallow so it is perfectly brown (Not Black!) and crisp on the outside and completely soft on the inside. (Mmmm!)
  9. How to make do with what you have.
  10. To truly appreciate the wonder and beauty of God's creation.

 

There you have it. 10 things I would not have ever learned if I had not gone camping.

 

 

If you enjoyed your read, grab my feed!

11 comments:

sapheyerblu said...

A.T.

This is a cool post. I've learned many of these same lessons; while camping. Including the one about the aerosol can. I now know what a car bomb sounds like.

Ad Tracker said...

LOL!! Yep, there's just nothing like being there when it goes off ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice list! Reminds me of Man vs Wild on Discovery Channel ;)

Ad Tracker said...

Pearl - Ha ha!! What's that guy's name, Bam?

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! yep .. something like that :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love those kinds of marshmallows! They take a bit of time to make, but they're delicious =)

Anonymous said...

I've actually never been camping - nothing like the comfort of my own home! But I hope to try it sometime.

Those marshmallows sound really good right now...

Ad Tracker said...

@ Pearl - I like to take a little more with me than he does ;)


@ Lucy - They do take time but doesn't everything worthwhile?

Thanks for stopping in and commenting :)


@ Kaylee - Anyone who can shovel a drive can handle going camping. Unfortunately, that's the only place to find those marshmallows ;)

Thanks for stopping by, come again!

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget the time I learned how to toast a golden brown marshmallow. Before that I just caught them on fire and blew them out. (I was impatient and a pyromaniac!)

Ad Tracker said...

Levi - I think we all start out as Pyro's but once we have the golden marshmallow, we can never accept less ;)

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to add that unopened cans of baked beans and uncracked eggs should also have similar warnings to the aerosol cans. (Or maybe they shouldn't... you have to learn somehow.)

They can both make an awesome mess when they go off :)