Watching A Death

 

It's a painful thing.

 

 

Waiting for the final breath.

 

 

Hoping with each gasp that it might not be the end.

 

 

Then,

 

 

waiting again.

 

 

Wondering with each growing silence if the end has finally come.

 

 

"Was that it?"

 "I don't know. Just wait, we'll know soon."

 

"Can't somebody do something?"

"No, it's all up to them now."

 

 

Comforting one another.

 

 

Wishing the departed "good luck" in their next life.

 

 

"I hope they're OK."

 "Yeah"

 

 

"I'm going to miss them."

 "We all will."

 

 

"I just wish they would make an announcement or delete the blog or something. This waiting is killing me."

 

 

"Yeah, I know."

 

 

Farewell:

 

Blue Jar

Sam Breadstone

Chris Bloczynski

Dana Wallert

Neon Scent

 

On Life Support

 

Pure Blogging

Blogozine

Blog-Blond

 

Critical Condition

 

Average Joe Blogger

Blog Grrl

Susan Suarez

Top Secret Blogger (Partially my fault)

 

We really hope you guys pull through.

 

 

 

If you enjoyed your read, grab my feed!

17 comments:

BlogStruk said...

My goodness, how clever. You really had me going there. I started out thinking "oh, no, this is going to be sad." I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was about blogs that had been shut down (or appear to be close to it). Another great post.

Ad Tracker said...

Chanya - I was just looking for a different way to approach an, unfortunately, old topic.

Glad you lked it :)

pristine said...

Wow! First time reader here and the post grabbed me. When I first read it, I was like...isn't this blog about blogging, and I wasn't too keen on the dramatics. But the ending! WOW! Keep it up! :D

Btw, I came over from Sivatar. The "click me!" avatar really hooked me.

crazy4bass said...

haha that was clever. I too was like, uh oh, this won't be good. Good job, that was great.

Ad Tracker said...

@ Pristine - First of all, welcome! Glad you liked it.

I couldn't think of what to do on that Sivatar thing. I just wanted to be diferent ;)


@ Crazy4Bass - HaHa!! Thanks :)

Bloggrrl said...

Check out my new template... ;-)

Ad Tracker said...

BlogGrrl - Good for you! Looks good.

A couple more posts and I'll move you out onto the floor ;)

Rhys said...

Great blog!

Surprising how quick "dedicated bloggers" drop off, isn't it?

Ad Tracker said...

Thanks Rhys. It's kind of scary how easy it is to get out of the habit.

A couple of these were really surprising. I just hope they're all OK :|

Rudi said...

emmmmm.... good blog.

do I know you? ??


kantor-online.blogspot.com

Ad Tracker said...

Rudi - Umm, thanks.

I don't know, maybe. There used to be a reader around here named Rudi that would comment some. Seems like he was from Germany, maybe. I can't remember, it's been a while.

Either way, welcome!

Telling It Like It Is said...

Whew! You really had me going there girl! Very good job!

Ad Tracker said...

Telling - Sorry but thanks ;)

Dee said...

Hi .. this is Dee from Blogozine.
I'm afraid you're absolutely right, Blogozine is on life support for now. But only because I'm busy with other online projects that are sucking my soul..let alone my blogozine time! Hopefully we'll be able to make it through soon :)

Ad Tracker said...

Dee - Goodness, don't let them get your soul!

We're pulling for you :)

Susan Suarez said...

LOL...I totally love this. I've been getting lots of emails asking when I plan to return. When will it be? Very soon - I promise. I've been working on one of my other sites is #1 priority because of its growth. Please do come by when you get the chance: Got2BeGreen.com

I promise to return!!!

Pearl said...

My comments are getting buried in your spam list seems like!! :(