Im Overwhelmed

First things first. I'm sorry for the inactivity.  My time is virtually nonexistent right now, but I'll go into that more later. I haven't been ignoring you, I'm doing the best that I can.

 

Now, why am I over whelmed? I'm overwhelmed in a good way and a bad way.

 

First The Good

 

It has been an awesome past 7-10 days (I can't remember) around this little blog.

 

  • We broke into the Top 18,000 on Technorati with an authority of 250 with 550 blog reactions.
  • We broke 100 subscribers! (For some reason I can't make that stupid widget show up on here.)
  • We were honored to be listed on Enkay's Top 50 100 Female Bloggers List. By the way, we came in at #22! What?!?! (This is a cute project but, honestly, there are a number of big bloggers not on the list.)
  • We won $100 in the Top Secret Blogger writing contest. I owe this entirely to you guys. The traffic and stumbles that came from this crowd made the difference. Thanks Patric for giving me the opportunity.
  • We tied for 2nd in the Blue Jar How-To Writing Contest/Project. I'm still trying to figure this one out. There were some really well written articles. I really didn't even place mine in the top 5. Thanks Sarah for running such a cool contest and providing the prizes.
  • Dana from DW Web Solutions and DanaWallert.com awarded this blog the new Break Out Blogger Award. At the end of this post I'll do all of the stuff I need to do for that.

 

That's a pretty good week by almost any standard and I have all of you guys to thank for it. If it weren't for you subscribing and stopping in to read and comment, none of this would be going on. I simple cannot express how appreciative and overwhelmed I am with your continued loyalty. Thank You! 

 

Now The Bad

 

I'm sure you have noticed the lack of attention the blog has received for the past few days. I am involved in a project that is consuming my time. It requires 12-14 hours a day six days a week and 6 hours on Sunday. My schedule will continue at this pace for another 2-4 weeks at least. I thought I could just put some posts together using ideas I already have partially developed but I'm finding it almost impossible to get that done.

 

When I started writing this post I had full intentions of informing you that I was probably going to shut the blog down. After taking the time to count my blessings, so to speak, I realize I just can't yet. You guys mean to much to me.

 

I'll promise to do the best I can to keep the blog current and updated during this difficult period and ask you to be patient with me when I'm slow to respond to your comments or miss a day or two posting. When this little period is over everything should be able to go back to normal for quite a while.

 

I know a lot of guys check on me at least once a day for updates. During this time of inconsistency, I would suggest subscribing to my RSS feed, I will be replying to comments at the same time I make posts. This way, when you see that I have posted a new article, you know I have responded to comments as well so you don't have to keep checking as often.

 

For those of you who don't use RSS readers I would suggest the email option. I absolutely will never spam you, period. You will simply receive my posts in your in box. If this option sounds good, just enter your email address in the box at the top of the sidebar and when you receive the confirmation email, click the link and your set.

 

Break Out Blogger

 



The Break Out Blogger award was developed by Bob of Bobbarama and is descibed by him this way;

 

This award casts a spotlight on bloggers who are just beginning to draw lotsa attention — the equivalent of a song with a bullet on Billboard’s Top 100 chart. Lotsa good posts. Lotsa good buzz. These bloggers are going places in a hurry.

 

I'm very proud to receive this award, though I feel it's undeserved especially considering the current circumstances. I will however, except it. Part of the responsibility of accepting this award is to pass it on to a few other bloggers you feel meet the qualifications above.

 

I hereby bestow this award to Chris of ChrisBloczynski.com, Joe of ArsenalMarketing, and Telling It Like It Is from (You guessed it) TellinItLikeItIs.net.

You guys are all hard working bloggers who deserve the recognition. Wear it proudly!

 

**** On Edit ****

 

I just realized that  somehow forgot to include Nick from Romandock for the Breakout Blogger Award. Romandock is a great blog with some fantastic content and totally deserves this recognition. I fully intended for him to be in the original list but somehow just skipped past him. I am very sorry I didn't include him in the original posting but better late than never I guess. I don't think I'm very good at multi-tasking, something always seems to get left out. Belated congratulations Nick.

 

 

If you enjoyed your read, grab my feed!

9 comments:

Steven Snell said...

Congratulations on winning the contests! Hope to see more posts from you coming soon.

Ad Tracker said...

Steven - Thanks! I'm still not sure how that happened :)

cardiogirl said...

Wow! Congratulations, that's one hell of a week!

cardiogirl, low tops optional

Nick said...

Hey

Congratulations on the recent successes, sounds like things are looking up.

I'm glad you're not giving up on the blog, it does get difficult to find the time for it, but just do what you can and your true readers (that includes me) will be here for you to read your next post.

Just try and get something on at least once or twice a week so that we know you're still ok :)

I'm sure we would all like to know a bit more about this project that is taking you away from us ;)

Ad Tracker said...

@ Cardio Girl - Thanks, I just thought it was a good week :)


@ Nick - I promise to do the best I can to keep it alive. Thanks for sticking with me :)

Joe said...

Congratulations! I was just reading Dana's site last week and saw the announcement!

I have always said how great of a site you have. It's only great because you got skills girl!

I also want to thank for even thinking of my site. I do appreciate it.

Keep up the good work. I wish you the best of luck on your new project!

Ad Tracker said...

Joe - Thank you.

You have a great blog with great content. Rock On!

Telling It Like It Is said...

Oh My Gosh!!! Wow!!! I had NO idea!! I was browsing around on your blog reading all about the current goings on and Presto!, there it was! I thought for a second that I misunderstood, so I read it again. Then I had to click on the link to tellingitlikeit.COM
(since I'm actually dot NET, but it's okay!) and YEP that's ME!

Thank you!!! I'm stunned and happy and shocked and amazed, but oh so grateful!

Hang in there, don't give up. We're standing by ya!

Ad Tracker said...

Telling - You're quite welcome. You totally deserve it.

I'm sorry about the mess up. I've since straightened it out. I was really tired when I wrote this post.

Thanks for the BlogRoll link :)